Search

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mr. Bean- Literature at it's best

We all know who Mr. Bean is. A hilarious British guy that does silly stuff and makes everybody laugh (unless you like The Landing, in which case you must hate everything). The world has been bestowed upon a great honour. The Mr. Bean series. This series consists of 14 thirty minute episodes, all chalk full of hilarious antics. In 1997, Rowan Atkinson raised the bar for comedy by releasing BEAN: The Movie. Easily the greatest achievement in film ever achieved by anyone in forever. I died laughing, luckily, imma kitteh. 8 lives left.

Now, some of our more obnoxious readers will have noticed the title of this post, "Mr. Bean- Literature at it's best". You're thinking, "Mr. Bean isn't a story". And you're right. It's a legacy. A legacy that has inspired billions. We should all try to be more like Mr. Bean, whether it's by using autmoatic weapons to turn off the lights, or by throwing toy sheep at Baby Jesus dolls (watch the Christmas episode -.-). If we all could at least try to become a Bean ourselves, then maybe, just maybe, the world could come together in a peaceful manner.

I thank you, Rowan Atkinson. I thank you Mr. Bean. I'd also like to thank The Academy. This was a great year for film. Thank you to James, you've been a great director; you're crazy, but you make a lot of money. I can't believe I won an award for Best Actor even though all I did was attempt a series of physical actions that would later be recreated in digital format on a computer! I'm sorry *sniffs*, I think I might cry. Well, it looks like I'm running out of time. I'm going to let Ben Stiller come do a bad joke mocking the film now. Bye!

1 comment:

  1. I am starting to get concerned that you are going off the rails for this assignment Dylan. Although I appreciate your thoughts on Mr. bean (and agree he is a comic genius) you need to think about both your purpose and audience for this assignment. If you are not enjoying your book, it is up to you to find one you will enjoy.

    ReplyDelete