Search

Friday, April 16, 2010

The Hero of The Landing

Last month, I had the displeasure of reading The Landing. Last week, I had the pleasure of reading Blink, by Malcolm Gladwell. You know what that means!? No more posts about The Landing!! Right there, site traffic increased 700%! Great news can really pull in an audience!
But here's the bad news. Blink is non-fiction, so it does not apply to the blog post themes. I will continue to post about The Landing. Right there, 80% of the 700% of the 100% turned off their computers in horror, while the other 20% experienced severe mental trauma.
Anyway, today's post is about heroes. The Landing is full of heroic characters, from the grumpy uncle to the housewife widow (housewidow?). I'll start (and end) with Ben, a 16 (or 17, possibly 15, I have no reference, I threw the novel into a fireplace after reading) year old boy (or girl, possibly hermit, I have no reference, I threw the novel into a fireplace after reading) that plays the bagpipes (i.e. fiddle) and fixes cottages over the summer. What are his heroic qualities you ask? Here's a few.
-Incessant whining
-Bad music interests
-Overdramatic
-Plays the bagpipes (i.e. fiddle)
-Chatty
-Shy
-Pessimist
-Iliterate (spelled incorrectly because I am iliterate)
-Stingy
-Inconsiderate
-Lazy
-Vengeful
-Rebellious
-Annoying
-Depressed
-Dull
-Impolite
-dumb
-Rude
-Purple
-Lonely
-Short
-Evil
-Villainous
-Gullible
-Aggressive

So is Ben a villain? I'll let you decide.



But the answer's yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment